Wednesday, June 24, 2009

They Say That Bad Things Come in Threes...

And if that's true...I think I've just had my third one. At least I hope that's the last of it for a while. My mom found out that she lost her job today. She went to work this morning, thinking everything was business as usual, just to be called into a meeting and laid off. My dad lost his job in April of this year so I'm not entirely sure where that leaves my parents as far as finances go, not to mention morale. I just can't believe this has happened. I was under the impression that my mom's job was secure and took comfort in that fact after my dad lost his. But no one's job is secure anymore. It's easy to pretend that this economic crisis isn't happening until it comes knocking at your door.

When my mom called me, I was at the clinic waiting on my clients. While talking to her, I noticed that they were late and was beginning to assume that, thankfully, they weren't going to show. I was very upset and in no shape to see clients. At 12:15 (their appointment was for 12), they walked in the door. Super. THANK GOD Edwina (our clinic administrative assistant) was there. I walked into her office and was so visibly upset that Edwina sprung into action immediately. She explained to my clients that I had just received some personal news and would not be able to see them today. I didn't even know we could do that. Edwina rocked my socks today. And I think she should be a therapist herself. She sat with me after my clients left and just talked to me about the whole situation. I left the clinic feeling loads better than I would have had she not been there.

My last two entries have been rather melancholy...I'm hoping to provide something more sunny after my New York trip. :)

2 comments:

MC08 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MC08 said...

I accidentally deleted the last comment. I'm Brandy; we had a class together at MC. I realized after I clicked follow that there isn't a lot of identifying info on my profile lol. Sorry if I scared you there. I'm sorry about your mom, and I hope things work out. I do hope that things are going well for you on the whole.