Sunday, September 21, 2008

Another Weekend Winds Down

Greetings from Sunday night. It's nice to just sit here, blogging and watching the Emmy's. I hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine wasn't too stressful. Friday, I was quite the bum...well, academically anyway. I did get to the bank and the gym, so I wasn't completely unproductive. And I did about 3 hours of assistantship work, trying to boost those hours. Early on Saturday, I was starting to feel the loneliness creeping in. I had sent an e-mail Friday night to the MFT cohort, asking if anyone wanted to do something this weekend. As of Saturday morning, no one had replied and I was beginning to wonder if no one wanted to play with me. Fortunately though, before I could get too blue, Jodi e-mailed saying that she and Rasheeka were going to lunch and a movie and asked if I wanted to go. I contemplated only doing lunch, then coming back to the apartment for homework. Then, I figured, why? So I could regret missing out on fun and a movie? That would have been silly. So we had lunch at Chili's and saw Lakeview Terrace. I thought it was a good movie. Not to ruin it for anyone but Samuel L. Jackson's character is straight up CRAZY. He does it well, though. It was one of those movies that just made me angry and I couldn't wait to see the bad guy get his. Anyway, it was good to get out. I did a little reading when I got home but certainly not much. Today, however, was my day to get caught up...not only on homework but laundry. Whew...Sundays are so thrilling. It took me a few hours to get through my reading because it was thick with theory. I'm still not confident that I understand anything I read. Having to be knowledgeable of these theories by the end of the semester sort of freaks me out.

I was able to talk to Hillary for a little bit today. She seems to be doing well, just missing everyone in the states. I can understand that. Being in Europe last semester gave me a taste. I remember being SO homesick one night. I had gotten a really sweet e-mail from Ben and, after reading it, I just couldn't stop crying. I felt so far away from him and my family. Being exhausted, as we so often were, didn't help. It passed though and I'm sure Hillary's will too. At least, I doubt her homesickness will be constant. She'll get busy and enmeshed in the Austrian culture. I can't help being a little jealous. I mean, I'm in Greenville for goodness sakes. But I'm happy that she has this experience. How many people can say they studied abroad twice during their college career? Lucky girl.

Last week, I made a list of all the assignments that are due this semester and when they're due. Looking at October and November (and well, December too, to be honest) made me nervous. Things are going to be happening really quickly and I'm worried about how I will get everything done. And these aren't easy assignments...they will take time and actual work. I feel like I should always be working ahead but I need time to take a break too, right? My goal is just to not have to do anything over Fall Break. I want to dedicate all of my time during those four days to be with Ben.

So, that was my weekend along with a few things that are on my mind tonight. If this week isn't too crazy (and you never know), I will update again soon. :)

No comments: